Sunday 28 August 2016

#AASG30daychallenge day 30

28th August 2016


Wow! It's the last day. It's all finished. Today I found the kangaroos had obviously hopped to another paddock. Ha ha! As much as I love kangas, I really didn't like "them", so they had to go. I re-did the background where they were, sponged through a stencil, some red & gold paint in the background of the top half, touched up some of the trunks, painted in wild red poppies & clumps of sour sobs. Put some birds in the trees, added brick pattern to the chimneys, & touched up paint here & there in the foreground. I eventually had to make myself stop. So I then splattered the whole canvas with black paint & then white paint. Done. I had to use a flash to take the photo as it was late, & the roof has a shine to it that isn't really there.


10 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    You must feel so happy and proud. What a mighty effort. Your painting is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Yes I am proud of it, & I can't believe I did it.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful piece to end up with. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful piece to end up with. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Colleen well done you have worked long and hard on this and it shows. It is so lovely. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. I'm so happy with it & can't believe that I did that beautiful canvas. I adore every layer of it.

      Delete
  5. This is simply gorgeous Colleen, I love all the wonderful intricate detail and color. Congrats on completing the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danie. I love it all too. I feel I certainly have achieved something great.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Danie. I love it all too. I feel I certainly have achieved something great.

      Delete